How to Carpe Diem.
“Forever is composed of nows.” ― Emily Dickinson
We live in the age of distractions. If it’s not our mobile phones sending us constant notifications from our “social” accounts and instant messaging services, it’s non-stop disposable never-ending tv, available for you when you want and wherever you want. We hold our lives in our pocket, and we see pretty much see everything through our mobile phones.
When was the last time you captured a moment? When was the last time you realised you were actually in a moment?
I remember when we went to concerts and watch the artists with our own two eyes, the last concert I went to I realised most of the audience was watching the artist through their phones while recording the whole thing or FaceTiming friends. Surely that defeats living in the moment?!
So ask yourself this question. Do you live in the moment? Are you living in your reality or are the days, hours, minutes and seconds merely passing you by?
How can we proactively and consciously live in the moment? Here are a few tips that will get you on your way to seizing your very own moments.
- Stop worrying. Mostly when you worry it’s about something that will happen in the future that hasn’t occurred yet and most probably isn’t going to
- Bitter about the past? Let it go. It’s just damaging your present and that’s not cool
- Smile. It’s contagious. People want happy people around them and let’s be honest, so do you. Turn that frown upside down ?
- Change bad habits. You live by resolving problems with what you know; maybe those solutions need to change as they probably aren’t working
- Remember: You are not your thoughts. Don’t let them control you
- Forget about tracking time just make the most of it
- Take a chill pill once in a while. Stop your mind wandering and focus on the NOW
So maybe less netflix and chill and switch it up to more headspace and feel ✌️
Thanks for reading,